Monday 27 September 2010

Autumn blues, or is that reds?

Last Thursday, the 23rd September was the 1st day of autumn. The few days leading up to this day my children would come up to me, with a glint in their eyes "did you know Mama, autumn starts on Thursday?"

I love summer. During heat waves while others are sweating damply, hot red faces, unable to move without grumbling, I glide around, at ease. Winter is another story altogether. Between October and May March I look like this.

Autumn for me, is the first step towards winter. I'm trying to focus on the positive aspects of autumn this year, and the obvious starting point for me is the red leaves you see every where.

I'm pleased to note that while green leaves are going red, new leaves are still growing.
And I'm keeping a close eye on my friend the long haired hippy, who is getting more handsome by the day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.