Saturday 8 October 2011

Grey

So our sublime Indian summer seems to be officially over. Hours huddled on park benches watching the kids play in the freezing cold loom ahead. Suddenly it's cold...and grey. Sigh.

I thought it was fitting to gather together a 'grey' collection. Actually this dog I saw a few weeks ago - in the glorious sunshine - first made me think of a grey series. This dog, assuming he's still alive (snoozing on a zebra crossing in Paris is not advisable) is huge.

(excuse the 'modesty patch' - idea taken from Dooce - it's for the best)

The Sacré Cœur changes colour with the seasons, from bright white on a hot summer day, to blanc cassé on a sunny winter's day, to grey...on a...grey day.


Here's some delectable grey decay.


A balloon.


A flying horse.


A shop front.


The grey concrete of the Tando Ando meditation space at UNESCO is a lovely soothing grey.


These trees down by the Champs-Elysées are amazing. Look at those wrinkles. I imagine elephant knees probably look like this.




I always feel melancholy at this time of year. I think this guy I saw last week knew the weather was going to change soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.