Tuesday 12 April 2011

Beautiful light patterns

The other day I was in the Cimetière de Montmartre gathering shadows. At the same time I also gathered some beautiful light patterns. It was late afternoon, but the sun was high enough to get over the trees and through the coloured stained glass windows that can be found in many of the tombs, creating patterns like this.




Here is a stained glass window with light patterns projected alongside it.

Carved writing and light stripes.


Projected light, a stained glass window and a view beyond.


This one is my favourites, light through a stained glass window projected onto an upside down metal bucket. I'd like to have a 'vase' just like this.




This photo does not show projected light I know, but I love the effect of seeing near and far views, flattened together in a single plane.



1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.