Sunday 13 February 2011

Gathering Hearts

"Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction."

"Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction." 

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry,1939

Over the past year I have been collecting hearts. My favourite is this one. I found it while giving my daughter a leg up onto a tree in Parc Monceau. I would never have seen it without the leg up.
Easier to find are the ones hidden in the bark of Parisian trees.


Then there are leaf  hearts....green ones.
Red ones...
Edible hearts.


Chalk heart.
Sacré Cœur's heart balancing act.
And finally another of my favourites, the puddle heart. Only noteworthy in the rain.
Oh! Look what my amoureux just brought me.
More hearts can be found here (thumbnails) and here (slide show)

2 comments:

  1. How lovely, especially the first one (in the tree). I found a small stone one. Have a good week-end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this, I love your attention to detail. Architecture is of particular interest. I have not blogged before you have helped me to think I should start

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.