Friday 11 May 2012

All things grey and wet

I walked up the hill to the Sacré Cœur this morning, in the rain. Why? Well I just felt like it. When I go on walks like this, with a view to taking some photos, I often don't know what I'm looking for when I start out, and then I establish a theme along the way. It rapidly became apparent that today's theme was going to be 'all things grey and wet'. There's no denying that it's easier to take good photos on a clear sunny day. This was going to be challenging. 

As I walked around the back of the Sacré Cœur, the noise of water falling around the base of the church from spouting gargoyles was quite overpowering. Water was gushing out from their mouths, rather like this...


...and this. They suddenly make much more sense when you see them in action, which you rarely do as you  don't tend to look up when it's pouring down with rain.


Grey was easy enough to find.


The sky was grey, with added grey.



I found a few puddles with reflections of the Sacré Cœur. Grey, and wet.



And then, as I approached the Place de Tertre, I spotted a burst of colour against the grey. A penguin having a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.