Monday 21 May 2012

The Magic of Glass

A while back I took this photo through a window in an antiques shop near where we live. I liked the way the photo came out: delicate green, turquoise and silvery colour tones.


Then, the other day I took this photo of a glass chandelier in a stall at the Marché aux Puces at St Ouen. In addition to the silvery green colour tones, there is a touch of mellow aubergine.


I decided to gather together some more images of 'colourless' glass. I love the subtle complexity of reflected and refracted light.




Even road safety cats-eyes look lovely close up.


Glass and reflections.


Glass and refraction.


And glass with the sun setting behind it (Pont Alexandre III).


All good, and strangely soothing.

I wrote another 'Glass' post a while back, it can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.