Saturday 4 June 2011

After Dark

It won't have escaped your notice that I love the neighbourhood where we live. Montmartre. Last night I went out for a stroll after dark. I walked up to the Place de Tertre in a round about way, up some quiet streets. I love this building. It is about 50 metres from the Place de Tertre, one of the most visited Squares in the world and this neglected building is quietly crumbling.

I enjoyed looking up at the open windows, glowing in the night.





The glowing street lamps.



The Sacré Cœur was looking beautiful as always.

It was such a mild balmy evening, the restaurant terraces were heaving.



The street light was mostly a warm orange. But not always.

Some of the lighting effects made me laugh out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.